Very poor customer service experience.

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

coco.may's review of Monsoon

“Very poor customer service experience.”

Written on: 18/02/2014 by coco.may (1 review written)

I think Monsoon really need to up their game in terms of customer services. I can see on this website a lot of people have had a bad experience. I purchased and an item full price before Xmas. It was a very sheer garment and unfortunately I had not noticed a run/pull in the sheer material. It was only when put the garment on for a meal out that the fault was noticed. I sent the item back by post. I got a most unhelpful reply by letter implying I had caused the damage through wear and tear! The Monsoon customer service person also said that they had had the item 'tested' and it was not faulty! - the response from them was unhelpful, offensive and quite frankly absurd. I escalated the matter to someone senior at Monsoon by letter who did apologize and put the matter right, which is why I have them two stars instead of one. Even when I rang in as I was asked to do by Monsoon to arrange my refund, the person answering the phone made me feel quite uncomfortable and was clearly reluctant to make the refund. The person answering the phone made out Monsoon were refunding as a 'good will gesture' whereas the letter I received from Monsoon management did not say it was 'good will' but rather the letter was very clear that they felt Monsoon should make the refund. I concluded that senior management were sensible and helpful whereas the general staff I dealt with where not.

• Quality of service