Delivery of wrong size & faulty item - No communication

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Monsoon

“Delivery of wrong size and faulty item - No communication”

Written on: 20/07/2013

Just spend half a day in paypal resolution centre trying to sort out a refund. The sandals my daughter bought were out of stock so it was impossible to find the URL number... Paypal refused to process my request without the number.
Previously I phoned 2x to sort out problem with a) wrong size and b) ankle strap not just having sufficient holes punched in but also not long enough to fit around ankle. I was put on hold each time and after 10 mins cut off.

I mailed 10 days ago and apart from the default reply that somebody would be dealing with me soon thanking me for my mail nobody got back to me. By now I wanted to make sure that postage was also refunded.

These sandals come out of my teenage daughter's pocket money. She payed 2.60 for the bus fare and was told to order them online (the store was unable to order them to store where I could have picked them up) Another 3.95 were paid for postage - she sadly had no sandals in this weather but neither did she have money to replace them.

Not the end of the world but for busy working people its hardly worth complaining as it is too time consuming. Reputable stores like Monsoon bank on this and I wonder whether not replying is policy as persistence will wear you out and long waits will take the store beyond the period within which items can be returned for a refund.

Everybody makes mistakes - so I am not worried about the wrong size or the faulty item. But I am concerned about the way we have been (not been!) dealt with - it makes me wonder whether as a business any thought goes into catering for future customers - my daughter will not be one of them.