Not What We Hoped

Guest's review of Molly Maid Domestic Cleaning Services www.mollymaid.co.uk

“Not What We Hoped”

Written on: 28/07/2013

My family treated us to a Mollymaid clean as a Golden Wedding treat. We'd invited a lot of people, and were delighted that the house would look at its best, with no effort from us. We were away overnight, and returned to what we imagined would be a transformation. Well to be fair, some of it was. the windows gleamed, the kitchen units had never been so pristine. Unfortunately, we realised that some things - the inside of the kitchen drawers, the shelves on the butcher's block, for example, hadn't been touched. One phone call later and a very pleasant, helpful man came to do the work that the cleaners should have done. That was on Friday evening. On Friday night, we found that although the shower glass was sparkling, the chrome inside - all the gungy bits I'd hoped would be gone - was exactly as we'd left it, so instead of an early night, ready for the big day, I was on my hands and knees with the old, cleaning toothbrush. Not what I'd planned! The cupboard under the washbasin had smears of cream and body lotion on the shelves and had obviously not been touched either. The next day, with all the guests arriving, one of my daughters kindly removed a cobweb from the stairwell wall, but left the dust as evidence for the nice man to see when he (I assume) returns. I feel sorry for him, because his team have let him down in a big way. And I feel that Mollymaid have let me and my family down. The daughter who found the cobweb says she is going to complain, but as she's a busy mum, who lives quite a long way away, she mightn't get round to it, which is why I'm writing this.