Utterly rubbish - could've done it better myself blindfolded

Guest's review of Molly Maid Domestic Cleaning Services www.mollymaid.co.uk

“Utterly rubbish - could've done it better myself...”

Written on: 20/06/2013

Re Molly Maid - North Herts (Letchworth): I asked for a one off, proper (ie. thorough) clean. The first time they came they covered maybe 5% of the items that they were asked to clean. They didn't move anything, just cleaned what they could see. They didn't even need to move much because the place had been completely emptied so all they needed to move was a few bits of small, lightweight furniture - they didn't bother. They didn't clean the skirting boards, they didn't wipe the light shades, they didn't get rid of cobwebs, they didn't actually CLEAN anything except some kitchen cupboards - for the rest of the place they just used a feather duster (which in my opinion are useless, you need a wet cloth or else the dust just resettles). They had a list of things/rooms to clean and they missed several of the things on that list - they ignored one room completely! They do less than the absolute minimum. When I called them back to clean it properly I gave them another list of things to clean (which included a lot of the things on the first list that should therefore have been cleaned already) - they STILL didn't clean properly. I pointed out parts of the skirting boards as examples of the fact that they hadn't been done - instead of cleaning all the skirting boards, they just cleaned the small sections I had showed them as examples!! Their cleaning is lazy, superficial, rushed and basically it is just DUSTING. They have no idea what cleaning is. The quote might sound good, but just remember, you get what you pay for - and actually to be honest if they'd only quoted me £50 I would still not have got what I had paid for.