Unreliable, untrustworthy, disreputable.

Guest's review of Kingsmaid Domestic Cleaning - www.kingsmaid.co.uk

“Unreliable, untrustworthy, disreputable.”

Written on: 11/09/2017

We used Kingsmaid at a previous address and was let down by them failing to turn up for a move out and move in clean that was booked weeks in advance. Apparently this was our fault as they had tried to call (I had no missed calls or voicemails).

We decided to give them another go but the standard of the clean was poor. We left guidance asking them to focus on certain things but this was ignored so we cancelled. Apparently, also my fault. I should have called and described how I would like things cleaning to head office rather than leaving a note for the cleaner. Isn't getting a cleaner suppose to be a convenience rather than a burden?

They then insisted that they still needed to charge 33% of the next week's clean as a cancellation fee. My fault again apparently. I should have read the 15 page terms and conditions, page 9 section F part d which states I must give X weeks notice.

Although very unhappy I thought it easier to pay and get rid than argue; I received an invoice for the amount which - apparently as standard - includes details of their bailiffs on the bottom. This seems a very aggressive intimidating way of asking for payment. As a freelancer I certainly don't include threats when I invoice my customers.

We went to collect our keys (declining their offer to just put them in the post un-tracked). We turned up and was told nobody was able to access the safe (only a manager could); our time had been wasted. I questioned how the cleaners would do their morning rounds if nobody was able to open the safe and was told that cleaners collect keys the day before. So......the cleaners are taking home with them the keys to a whole bunch of different houses; how is this safe and secure?

We went a second time several days later and came away with a key. Alas, it is not the right key. Kingsmaid have given us the key to someone else's home and have still not returned ours.

I called this morning and apparently everyone is in a meeting (again).

After two wasted trips to their offices I refuse to go in again. I explained to whoever answered the phone that they need to bring my key to me (and collect the key they've given me for someone else's house).

I've made it clear that if my key isn't returned today I will be using a 247 locksmith to change my locks and will invoice them accordingly. Anyone know any good bailiffs I can use and include at the bottom of my invoice?

Are you with Kingsmaid? Do you know what they've done with your keys? Perhaps time to get rid.