Showcase Cinema Derby (not the De Lux)

• Choice Of Films

• Refreshments

jennygw's review of Showcase

“Showcase Cinema Derby (not the De Lux)”

Written on: 14/02/2013 by jennygw (1 review written)

Worst experience I have ever had at a cinema. Their web site was misleading and when I arrived they weren't even showing the 3D version of the film I wanted to see. I elected to see the 2D version instead, bad mistake.

The sound system is awful. I could hardly hear the voices it was so bad,there seemed to be only one speaker for the voices which was a pathetic affair sounding cheap 1980 boombox. Loud humming noises were audible throughout the film.

When I remonstrated with the manager her attitude was that the customer is always wrong. I got told tough luck, it was all my fault. There was no attempt at empathy, let alone an apology.

There were only 5 other people watching the film, the place was deserted, and little surprise!

The other staff, I must say, were extremely friendly and helpful. I can only hope they will train the manager how to deal with customers in a more professional manner.

• Showcase Cinema Derby (not the De Lux)

Cinema Visited