Shocking Customer service - dont even deserve one star

• Choice Of Films

• Refreshments

Guest's review of Cineworld

“Shocking Customer service - dont even deserve one star”

Written on: 25/06/2012

On the 12th of June i sent the follwoing email:
On the 25th May 2012 I called to find out when I had to notify you if wanting to cancel by account.
I spoke to a lovely young lady who asked why I wanted to cancel and that she could offer me a free month ( with no tie into a new contract) or a £20 voucher for popcorn etc.
I said I would speak to my partner about it and could I call back. She said yes, this was not a problem and I asked when I needed to call back to ensure no further payment was taken for both accounts. She advised the 4th June for the one account and the 6th for the other.
On the 4th June I called in and explained that we would like the free month and would see if we used the membership more during that month and if not would cancel by the 4th of July. I was told no further payments would be taken.

Today I noticed that a DD had been requested despite me being assured that this had been put on hold, so I have cancelled both direct debits.
I called and spoke to Laura at about 12pm today. Laura was extremely obnoxious and kept telling me that I had misunderstood her colleague!

I would like someone to get back to me within 7 days to resolve this matter.

I then received a letter threathening debt collection, so on the 19th of June i sent this email

Following my below email, it turns out that you did not even have the decency to address any of the concerns that I raised and instead send me the attached letters – clearly system generated with no regard for the issues I had highlighted.
Please note that you will have a difficult time debt collecting me when you have not addressed my dispute.

Therefore I request that someone looks into the issue and contacts personally either by email or phone within 5 days to resolve this matter so that I no longer feel the need to undertake publishing on line my problems with the company

Again no response, despite a system generated email stating that you would be contacted within 5 days.

Really dissapointed in their shabby service