Might be OK if things worked. Atrocious customer service.

Guest's review of Ihampers.co.uk Xmas Hampers

Ihampers.co.uk Xmas Hampers

“Might be OK if things worked. Atrocious customer service.”

Written on: 04/01/2013

We received a Christmas hamper from relatives in Australia. Unfortunately one of the items had lost its lid and spilled the contents into the hamper.

This could have been dealt with swiftly and easily by a simple 'phone call. Instead you're forced into a thoroughly slow, frustrating and irritating means of attempting to deal with them via the web, which is a largely useless and time consuming means of interaction. Imagine how it would be for elderly people without Internet access to deal with this lot if there were a problem.

It's the sheer dreadfulness of the experience that makes me want to permanently avoid dealing with such companies. Business is personal. People deal with people. Anyone worth dealing with is worth talking to in person. Any company that thinks otherwise is dreadfully wrong and deserves to go out of business.

Finally - we've not yet seen a replacement, despite being promised one. I have no expectation of it turning up, especially since they use the dreaded Yodel.

Edaroselawson's Comment

Written on: 25/01/2013

I booked two hampers to be delivered on 18th December and which was confirmed by ihamper. They did not arrive. I emailed the company on 27th December to lodge my complaint to which I received an automated reply giving details on how I could track my order on the internet. I couldn’t. I telephoned the office on 28th with an answerphone response saying I need to ring during office hours which I presumed now to be 2nd January. I rang on 2nd January asking to speak to the lady whose name was on the email to be told that I couldn’t speak to her as she was based in India. I asked for the name and email address of the Managing Director, and was told that she couldn’t let me have his email, but gave his name. I wrote a personal letter to him on 3rd January, and marked the letter personal. I had no reply by 11th so I sent a further email to the office on 12th Jan Headed in large letters ’For the personal attention of Managing Director. No reply. It is now 25th January, with no hampers and no reply so I am writing to Barclaycard Visa, The Trading Standards Office, The companies Trade Association and their local Chamber of Commerce drawing their attention to this company. I believe companies like this should not be allowed to continue in business. All companies make errors from time to time, but there is just no excuse for a blatant ignoring of those of us who have very justified complaints.
Note to iHampers. Please don’t reply to this blog in the patronising manner that you’ve replied to complaints above. I don’t want a free bouquet or an apologetic email from you unless it tells me when my hampers are being delivered and why you have refused to answer my communications