Worried after non-delivery on specified day & seeing reviews

jo0763's review of Ihampers.co.uk Xmas Hampers

Ihampers.co.uk Xmas Hampers

“Worried after non-delivery on specified day & seeing...”

Written on: 22/12/2012 by jo0763 (1 review written)

Did an internet search for Christmas hampers and found ihampers website, like everyone else they looked good for the price. Chose delivery date of 21 December, and surprise, no hamper received by the recipient.

Double checked today and still no hamper received, I have checked my online shipping status which gives no indication that the hamper has been shipped and have received no correspondence other than the order confirmamtion from Ihampers. I have contacted them through their on-line help and have received an automated response with a standard quote saying they are dealing with a high number of enquiries. I doubt very much whether I will receive any email back from them. The money, £38.80 was taken on Tuesday from my bank account, the day after my order was placed. Quick to take it.

Normally before I make any internet purchase I review the company, however, foolishly on this occasion I didn't, so glad that I have done now, otherwise I would have just put it down to Christmas rush with the postal or courier services. I contacted my bank tonight who advise that I keep trying to contact the company, and if they fail to deliver after 15 days from the day the order was placed get back to them to register a dispute and I am hoping they will be able to get my money back. I have seen a previous comment from someone who followed the same procedure and received their money back thorugh their bank.

A lesson learnt and next time I will use somewhere like Marks and Spencers, may cost more but it's a name you can trust.