A lovely thought but terrible idea!

FabianCarroll497's review of Bradfords Bakers - www.bradfordsbakers.com

Bradfords Bakers - www.bradfordsbakers.com

“A lovely thought but terrible idea!”

Written on: 23/08/2014 by FabianCarroll497 (1 review written)

A friend of mine sent me a Bradfords Bakers flower basket with cupcakes for my birthday. Was a lovely idea really original (well I hadn't heard of it). However.....the box had no "Keep Upright" or "Fragile" notices on it and had obviously been tossed around. The flowers were OK, there were giant airbags keeping them in place so they were fine, but out of the 6 cupcakes (packed in a cupcake box) only 1 was upright and the other 5 were upside down, icing everywhere.

The basket bouquet was about the size of 2 hands side-by-side and whilst being pretty there was probably no more than £8 worth of flowers used on it and there is hardly any stem length so I don't expect them to last long.
The cupcakes may have looked pretty when they left but it was heartbreaking to see them so splattered. The cakes themselves were quite dry so you need to have a cuppa nearby.

When I looked on the Bradfords website I could see reviews but couldn't put one on. My friend would be heartbroken to see what was sent to me so I can't tell her, but I hope my review can stop someone else wasting their money.