Black Magic? Sad disappointment

Guest's review of Nestle Black Magic

Nestle Black Magic

“Black Magic? Sad disappointment”

Written on: 06/09/2013

Every year since I was quite young, my Dad would buy me a box on my birthday and for Christmas as an extra treat, I had a routine in which order I ate them in and saved the liquid cherry until last. About 1993, he again bought me a box as an extra treat and off I went to open them. OMG, the lemon centred one, the butterscotch, the liquid cherry had all gone and what was left was a very poor substitue for my one time favourite chocolates. I wrote to Nestle and stated my disappointment and asked why they hadn't changed the name to Black Moonlight or something else as the chocolates bore no resemblence to the original, tried, tested and popular Black Magic and they replied telling me they had to consider their customers in Europe and felt it was time for a change, thus the inclusion of more praline & truffle-based centres as opposed to the original line up. I stopped my Dad from buying me any more. A friend later bought me a box on my birthday and this time they were just slabs of choclate squares, even worse, so definitely do not ever want another box of these either. Why do companies change what the people want to buy in the name of "progress".

Sarlouise's Comment

Written on: 12/12/2013

I had not tried Black Magic for years (I am 63) and I have just been given a box. These chocolates bear no resemblance to the lovely chocs of the past. The current box is full of dreadful sweets called Black Magic but they are nothing to do with the real Black Magic Chocolates. Could someone bring these back please please!

Wooziesuzie's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2014

I agree! They should change the name, it's very misleading!
I agree and they should no longer be called Black Magic! The Magic has gone!
In September 2006, it was announced that the manufacture of Black Magic was relocating to the Czech Republic with the takeover by Nestle.
Is this why the centres have all changed and the chocolate is ghastly?
Change the name Nestle, as the Magic has gone!