Nothing to compare with the original flavours

patchoc's review of Nestle Black Magic

Nestle Black Magic

“Nothing to compare with the original flavours”

Written on: 11/05/2012 by patchoc (1 review written)

My husband bought me a box of Black Magic recently.....and my heart sank! Black Magic chocolates used to be my most favourite chocolates and I knew all the flavours and for me, they surpassed every other chocolate on the market. Since Nestle changed them from 12 flavours to 6, there is no comparison to what we had years ago. Who on earth wants a huge box of chocolates with only 6 flavours - I threw most of them in the bin! I used to love the Coffee Cream and Toffee and Mallow most of all, but Liquid cherry was gorgeous too and also the nutty one, but I loved them all though. I used to really hog them and savour them to last a long time. I am sure the chocolate has changed too, it has lost its special "dark" flavour. Joseph Rowntree would cry if he could see what has happened to his chocolates. Why do these companies do this - Nestle, listen up and bring back all the original flavours? I have told all my family never to buy them for me again......such a great shame, as they used to be so lovely. If I could rate the chocolates as nil, I would.

Guest's Response to patchoc's Review

Written on: 23/05/2012

You are so right. The Nestle folks paid good money for Rowntree's and are debasing the good name they bought.

Who do they think they are fooling? The flavors are crass knock-offs and the chocolate is lacking any tartness or mouth-impacting flavor. In the past they were a favorite we bought on special occasions for years.

Now ... where is the sensual treat to look forward to? I will look elsewhere.

I am ashamed to have given these to my family as a traditional tasty gift, It was a horrible rip-off that disappointed every recipient. . I will never purchase these again, and warn all my friends and hundreds of acquaintances.

How can Nestle be so blind and stupid. People buy good food to put in their mouths where taste buds exist and special sweet treats are appreciated. This is not a casual change in a recipie and cannot be cloacked from the suckered purchasers.

It is a fraud to use a good anme to squeeze out the final purchase by cloacking poor quality under a high quality name.

What's next? Asphalt flavoring??? Under the name Nestle's cocoa?

I will be twittering a link to these comments and hope that thousands of others do too.

Shame Shame. Shame on Nestle. Changing the whole promise of a brand to flip it into a better short-term money-maker is messing with our trust. Call it what it is.That's consumer fraud.