Not what they used to be

MONTY2011's review of Nestle Black Magic

Nestle Black Magic

“Not what they used to be”

Written on: 05/01/2012 by MONTY2011 (1 review written)

I noticed a slight improvement this year on the box design and selection, however, they are by no means what they used to be. Remember the days of 'who knows the secret of the black magic box'?

Over here in Canada, they were selling them of after christmas for a $1.89 per box. They simply could not sell them. Until I see a visible attempt at widing back the clock 20 years, Nestle can go jump!

Guest's Response to MONTY2011's Review

Written on: 27/02/2012

I couldn't have put it myself better. As a child in the mid 80s I loved it when my mum bought a box of Black Magic. It was a special treat and the selection was amazing back then... toffee and mallow, hazelnut cluster, lemon, raspberry and orange creams... and so much more. They were lovely. I had a box recently and couldn't believe the selection had been greatly reduced and the quality of the fillings awful. I know the chocolate market is much more sophisticated now but they have given up on this box of chocolates and decided put it at the cheapest end of of the market. So disappointing. But then I have to say sadly I can see other brands getting worse... you know who you are Green & Black's :'-(