Unfriendly Staff No Customer Service.

• Ease of Opening Account

lynda e's review of Halifax Save4 it Children's Saving Account

“Unfriendly Staff No Customer Service.”

Written on: 30/04/2013 by lynda e (3 reviews written)

My son and I walked into the Halifax in Loughborough to open an account for him and the woman at the 'help desk' walked off. So I ask her if she is coming back she says "I'm busy I'll get someone to see you". 5 minutes later a cocky young guy comes out and asks, "do you need help?". I explained I wanted to open an account for my son, after a sharp intake of breath he announces I have to make an appointment. Ok, fine not a problem. So he goes to get the diary. He is gone for almost 15 minutes...by which time my autistic, hyperactive son is getting irritated and I'm just plain annoyed. He comes back eventually to tell me he can't 'fit me in' until mid week next week, so I say no problem. He tells me I have to be there by 4pm, I explain my son isn't home until then so 4.20pm is the earliest we can do, to which he replies "I don't know what we can do then" (blank face). My Reply? "here's an idea... how about I go to a bank with some customer service and some semblance of a clue what exactly they're supposed to be doing?"... continued blank face... exit.
Train your staff Halifax. Lloyds Tsb were super helpful.

• Ease of Opening Account

Lynda E's Response to lynda e's Review

Written on: 06/05/2013

I have to be fair I have had a call today (Bank Holiday too) too apologise for the poor service I received and the Halifax have offered to send me a cheque by way of apology.