Bad customer care

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

goodpeoplerights's review of The Body Shop

“Bad customer care”

Written on: 29/05/2013 by goodpeoplerights (1 review written)

hi,if someone can shed some light on my issue with bodyshop please do so. I’m outraged at their customer service. I got 2 of the same gift sets from bodyshop for my birthday few days ago. The people who gave me the gifts threw receipts away. I am really against using anything from ‘The Body shop’ firstly i do not think it is an ethical company because of all the chemicals and preservatives they use, second i am allergic to all their products. they wont give me a refund unless I have a receipt. The SKU tag and original packaging is still intact. Its brand new. The manager refused to give refund. She said only a credit note or exchange. But stupid enough they will give me a full refund W/O a receipt if I use the stuff and get a reaction hahaha!! Spoke to customer service same song being sung. Got the regional manager to contact me. He sang the same song too… Really bad customer service. cant do cant do…policy.....ridiculous!! I said oh well if you grant me a refund out of courtesy you will at least be able to sell the goods and make money. But you leave me no choice but to use your products and get a rash and you will make a lose of £50!!! They have to give me a refund. Of course he tried to convince me not to do that. But did not budge from, ‘well if u do not have a receipt cant give you a refund.’ So i’m left with £50 and the only thing i can buy is ear buds and few wooden back scrubbers…… or use their paraben, chemical galore products and get a rash and get a full refund!! Any suggestions anyone??

• Harrow

Branch Visited

• Gift set x2 £25 each

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Cordyroy's Response to goodpeoplerights's Review

Written on: 20/02/2014

I have had a bad experience with them online, but to be honest I would not expect a refund without a receipt, as many people buy using discounts often 50% off, or the reward card which gives 10% off etc so how do the store know what to offer you? I think under the circumstances they've been very generous.

Goodpeoplerights's reply to Cordyroy's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2014

I see your point of view but i gave them the time and date of the transaction. They even had a record of the item sold at that time which matched the SKU. All SKUs are different so there is no ways the same SKU item was sold at another time on discount or otherwise. There is no logical sense to their silly rule. They could have out of courtesy done it. Many stores have similar polices but after looking at all the facts and proof available they do give a refund. I still disgree with what happened and they could have helped. The headoffice was not appologetic at all. They actually dont care about customer service. Well they are selling products that have chemicals and advertising it like its so pure and good for you, they are bound to not care about people's feelings. In the end i they gave me gift cards worth £50. So your argument that the items could have been bought on discount has no ground to stand on. If they were worried about not knowing if it was purchased on discount or not they would not have even given me a credit note worth full price.They just didnt want to loose the money. Its all about profit. i actually sold the £50 gift card to someone. I was happy. But really was not necessary to have unfriendly staff. It obvious to me that the staff are under paid. They dont seem happy so how can they provide good customer service. I was actually fine they could not give me a refund. It was just the way they spoke me in store and headoffice just made me liose faith and respect for Bodyshop. Oh and by the just incase you didnt know Bodyshop is run by a famous brand i think its estee lauder. They were good before years back now they are just another chemical product industry.