Sales assistant put me off going back!

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of The Body Shop

“Sales assistant put me off going back!”

Written on: 19/10/2012

I went into my local Body Shop in Brighton to buy just a pot of moisturiser. Went straight to the till to pay and only after the sales assistant had tried to upsell a £5 loyalty card (I said I already had too many), a pot of lip balm (if I'd wanted one I'd have already picked one up) and a £2 bag (when I'd already said I didn't need a bag) was I able to pay for the moisturiser. Quite irritating really, even more so as the sales technique seemed to be based on making me feel bad for not 'wanting' to support the various causes that some of the proceeds from each of the items would go to. I already contribute all I can afford to charities of my choice so don't really appreciate this. Also pretty irritating that you can't just go into the shop and buy what you want without feeling pressured into buying other things as well. Will stick to the website or Boots in future!

• Brighton