Appalling lack of customer service,.with complaints ignored

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's review of Holland and Barrett

“Appalling lack of customer service,.with complaints...”

Written on: 24/05/2014

I bought 9 packets of Barenaked Noodles online from H&B recently. The product needs cool dry storage, but not refridgeration, yet within 3 weeks the contents of 1 pack in its sealed plastic bag had completely dissolved into a creamy 'soup'. I contacted The Service Dept using their on-line complaints procedure, 3 times I complained but they did not reply. I therefore wrote to their Head Office (I obtained proof of posting from the PO), still no reply. Any retailer selling food has a responsibility to ensure it is fit for consumption. For H&B to ignore complaints of this kind, where the food has a potential to make customers ill or worse, is inexcusable. It may even be dangerous, if other packs of noodles with this sell by date are contamminated. I am writing to H&B again, but after that I am thinking of reporting them to The Food Standards Agency.
H&B have a good range of products, which I have found were normally fine. Though their prices are often expensive, the 1p & other offers make costs reasonable, but this complete lack of customer care means I shall probably not buy from them again.

• On-Line