DON'T BUY STIHL PRODUCTS!!!

Guest's review of Stihl MS 260

Stihl MS 260

“DON'T BUY STIHL PRODUCTS!!!”

Written on: 25/12/2011

I own three Stihl products including a MS260 and NONE of them run correctly. I have had THREE new carborators installed on every one of them and they still don't run right. I only use Stihl authorized dealers and Stihl products in them so don't let them tell you that's the problem. Every time I try to use on of them it costs me $100 and they spend a week in the shop. Stihl is producing a horrible products and I will NEVER own another one.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 27/12/2011

Since STIHL is the #1 selling saw, have you considered that maybe you have a problem with your fuel? It is kind of ironic that ALL of your products have the SAME problem!! Just a FYI.

Hambo44's Comment

Written on: 27/10/2012

Well seeing as I am a professional and ONLY use Stihl tools, I know for sure that you haven't looked after your machine. I have a ms260 and use it every day, clean and sharpen it every day as well, and I have never had a problem with it. I think that it must be the way you treat your kit.

Lone7Eagle's Comment

Written on: 31/01/2012

The other guest comments, QUOTE "Since STIHL is the #1 selling saw, have you considered that maybe you have a problem with your fuel? It is kind of ironic that ALL of your products have the SAME problem!! Just a FYI" UNQUOTE does have merit but also consider the brand of oil mix and it's ratio to fuel.
I personally wanted to add this: My brother inlaw was swaying your way but that changed with some insight I gave him on stihls. Since I started pulping in the 70's and used nothing but stihls I listened to my downhome dealer. Remember two things, ONE: its better to have them smoke a little from a strong mixture than to be too lean AND he also advised us later when stihls came out with the spark arrester ( a screen in the muffler)to keep it clean. TWO: AND MOST IMPORTANT: All the stihls I've had all seem to start the same way and if you don't follow the first step you will flood it and have to dry out the plug. To start a stihl like I have for better than 25 years, you of course put it in full choke only when cold, pull start ONCE and you should get an attempt to start or pop as we call it, NOW switch it to half choke if it has it or off choke but start position yet (I don't know if all models have half choke? NOW pull start the 2cond time and it should start, a bit rough but let it warm itself up and don't be in a hurry to give it throttle and when you do, little short burst. Also note which falls in the other guest comments, if you change mix brands or ratios, you may have to tweek the carb just a bit. In my 25 years plus I've had or do have the stihl 031 032 045 super 660 and now a 260 pro and none have never gave me trouble, bought my bar oil in 30 gallon drums which is difficult to find now, sharpened blades in the field since we cut on average 80 trees every 2.5 hours (cut+delimbed+cut every 8' piled and slash cut) which takes one damn dependable saw. SO, it's not the saw and it's not you, my guess it may be the fuel mix and especially the way you start a stihl, my brother inlaw has no problems now but he did have to run his dry since he does not use it often enough to keep the carb from varnishing!!! If you have longer than a week of none use, be sure to empty the gas tank and start up the saw to burn the fuel in the sytem letting it run until it dies on it's own from lack of fuel. It only takes a week for fuel with mix to spoil anymore or to varnish up your carb.

Finemeat's Comment