Incredi-Pull is Incredi-junk!

clanker's review of Sears Craftsman Incredipull 55cc Chainsaw

Sears Craftsman Incredipull 55cc Chainsaw

“Incredi-Pull is Incredi-junk!”

Written on: 16/11/2012 by clanker (1 review written)

When you pull it to start it it winds a spring inside the starter assembly. It acts like a shock absorber. Works great until that plastic inside the assembly decides to fail. The saw has only about 10 hours or so on it. I was only trying to get Stabil into the carburetor and was giving it a little gas when it all of a sudden quit. Torn into the start assembly only to find broken plastic parts. Sears no longer sells the starter assembly nor anyone else that I can find. Junk and I am done with Sears. If you sell it be sure to support it.

Ccoady454's Response to clanker's Review

Written on: 07/10/2013

The same thing happened to me. I did some research and found out that the saw is made by MTD. JUNK....great engine, everything else sucks on it. Sears now sells the MTD saw under the "Remington" name. It's the identical saws for about $50 more than the sears one.

I managed to find a used starter assembly on ebay for $20 and it's back in working condition. I make sure to thoroughly clean the saw after every use. It requires a lot more maintenance than a Stihl, Husqvarna or Jonsered. I now use my Crapsman saw for cutting out roots and other dirty jobs that I don't want my Husqvarna to touch.