Piece of garbage

Guest's review of Ryobi PCN-4545

Ryobi PCN-4545

“Piece of garbage”

Written on: 03/12/2012

Worked first day for a half hour. started again after a short break but had a hard time getting it started, then keeping it running. Haven't used it since as it won't start. New gas, clean parts, check spark plug. Nothing.
Lesson learned.

Gibcam's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2013

I bought one of these for periodic use and have used it half a dozen times or so over three years of ownersship...I always clean and lubricate tools befor eputting them away. I aslo do things like run down th efuel to less than 1/4 of a tank so that I can replenish with new next time. I went through usual checks today..chain running freely nicely adjusted etc. Imagine my horror ten minutes later when the thing emitted a load of smoke and 'siezed' up...It looks as though there is an aend bearing or 'brake' behind the drive sprocket which has completely melted it's plastic carrier. Not acceptable Ryobi and I shall not be buying or recommending another one of these. Spend a little more folks and steer well clear of what looks good but really isn't.

Atwonb's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2014

I to have the same problem. Have to take the spark plug out. Heat it with a blow lamp. Screw it back in,Only then will it start