Buy a stihl instead

Guest's review of Husqvarna Chainsaws

Husqvarna Chainsaws

“Buy a stihl instead”

Written on: 30/06/2013

I bought a 236 e which I now regret, it all goes wrong from the start, as soon as you go to put your foot in the handle to start it on the ground as you should to start it safely you will find your foot won't fit at all unless you haven't got a boot and I wouldn't recommend going barefoot when using a chainsaw.

I found the saw hard to start and even harder to get it to idle as it stopped as soon as you put it down to move a branch or clear your work area, on restarting it was harder to keep it going and it kept cutting out.it was a really frustrating

It cut well when it did run though I found you had to rev it to much for what it was doing which just light trimming of branches no thicker than your arm.

I only used this saw for two hours max and hadn't gone through the second tank of fuel and I decided to leave it and take it back to the dealer on the Monday And then found out the two year warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on as when they couldn't get it to work either they pulled it down and then wanted $480 to fix a saw that cost $250 as Husqvarna wouldn't fix it as they said it had the wrong fuel in it which it didn't, this compares with other reviews I have now read. I have owned a Stihl and a Mccullouch in the past and worked them both hard with never a problem, I'd gone into the store to get a Stihl but they didn't sell them and had changed over to husky which they insisted were a better saw, I am off this morning to buy a Stihl which I should have done straight up as now I've got a box of husky parts laying in my shed as the dealer and Husqvarna don't want to stand by their warranty which also from reading other reviews rings true.

Hache11's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2013

Not all saws have to be started with your foot in them, if it is too small which the 236 is then you have to kneel on it. It is the cheapest saw in the Husqvarna range, it probably needed adjusting to get the tick ove right which is what needs to be done when setting up a new saw.
The saw is basically for logging firewood up by the homeowner, we run one with our tree surgery team as a snedding saw and find it great, I think a little persistance before slating it on a global website.
Good luck with the Stihl.... problem number 2 coming up..

Bowerbird1's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2013

Thanks for your point of view, if you had followed my words correctly you would have noted I did give the saw as much persistence as I could have, when I purchased it the store put the fuel in it and got it redy for use, it just didn't go well straight up so I took it back to get it sorted, the thing was a dud and now is a box of parts , your a professional and maybe could have tweaked it yourself and its a name brand and how much it was is not the point as it was for home use, now as for slating it on a global website you just did that as well in respect to stihl which I think is a much better product, you don't work for husky do you ? Cherrs