chain falls off

paulsauder's review of Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Husqvarna 455 Rancher

“chain falls off”

Written on: 19/03/2013 by paulsauder (1 review written)

bought this saw in nov big fan of husks had a 61 for 20 years with out a prob 1st tank of gas not even chain fell off went to put back on would not fit it messed up the runners on chain never in my life have i seen that happen bought new chain thinking that was the prob did it again now i have been cutting for over 20 years and i know how to tighten a saw but dealer insist that is the cause dont think so showed him how i do it and he said thats right so now i think i just got a lemmon after reading other reviews on here think husky should fix prob bar and sprocket are garbage on this saw if you are a true chainsaw user do not buy unless they fix this problem my dealer is looking in to it for me since i am buying a better quility one not the dealers fault just hope husky lives up to their name or will be very disappointed

Kansasjer's Response to paulsauder's Review

Written on: 17/04/2013

I bought mine on Amazon 2 years ago. Love it when it works. My chain also jumps off and have the same problem with the teeth. Last week it quit. Can't get any spark. Never had a saw with those two problems. But I still like the saw.

Chuber1025's Response to paulsauder's Review

Written on: 29/12/2013

I have had this exact problem. I have been using chainsaws in various sizes and brands for 25+ years. I understand maintenance, chain tension, etc. I have probably not got 2 hours run time on the Husky 455 and the chain has derailed twice, both times chewing up the chain guides such that I had to replace. First time it happened, I figured it was bad luck. Within 5 minutes of running the saw today, after replacing chain, it came of again, and, again, ruined the chain. This is extremely aggravating as I was extra careful about tension and proper mounting, and use of saw. I am going back to Stihl brand. I never had this problem with the 041 Farm Boss I had for 20+ years. Yes, the chain would occasionally come off, but it would not get destroyed.