Good engine, bad chain oiler, sprocket.

Mike5164's review of Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Husqvarna 455 Rancher

“Good engine, bad chain oiler, sprocket.”

Written on: 25/02/2013 by Mike5164 (1 review written)

I run husky's. I think they are the best pro forestry saws going, for the XT models. I use the 390xt, the 575xt, 372xt and 346xt. I bought a 455 because it was 1/3 the price of the pro models, $300 vs $1000. It has a very strong motor, starts good, and for a $300 saw, cuts fast. However, this is the best example of you get what you pay for. The chain oiler is cheap junk, the sprocket is junk. It costs more to put this saw to work than any other I have because it eats up chains and bars and sprockets. $21.+ $32. +$40 + a trip to town = about $100 a month x 12 = I should have bought another 372xt instead of the 455.
The 455 is a good saw, but will not hang for a logger. For a backyard/home owner, firewood, they would probly think it's the worlds fastest and best saw. It will work just fine for a once a week saw. Husky could a home run with with this saw if they would put a good oiler and sprocket on it.