What a disapointment.

Guest's review of Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Husqvarna 455 Rancher

“What a disapointment.”

Written on: 22/10/2011

This was the first higher dollar saw I had ever purchased. Right out of the box it was great. I was zipping through logs and trees like a hot knife thru butter. With very little to no vibration, I was impressed. Then the chain came off. The sprocket stripped out the drive teeth on the chain and the chain managed to rip up the metal protector plate on the inside of the saw. OK...maybe I did something wrong????. Checked the sprocket, put on a new chain, adjusted the tension just right, double checked everything and went back to cutting. Once again, I was in heaven, zipping away. Then the chain flew off again doing more damage. Needless to say, 6 months later, I now own a husqvarna piece of trash. To think I could have bought 4 Poulons with that money and probably still have 2 brand new ones left by now. I will say this though, the chain speed and the low vibe was great when the chain stayed on. I'm going to try out a high dollar Stihl. I hope I have better luck.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2011

Hey.....you wont have any probs with a Stihl......... got a MS391........Fab!!!!

Gabby521's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2013

i have the same problem ,the chain ripped the first stainless steel bar plate to shreds brought a new bar plate,$25 and the chain destroyed it too, this time destroying the chain also ,i have lived on a farm for 30 years using all types of chain saws and never this problem ,saw brought 12/04/ 12