SHAW (SHAY WAKE) WEATHERSPOONS 22 MARCH 2013 at 5:30PM

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

RandLH's review of Wetherspoons

“SHAW (SHAY WAKE) WEATHERSPOONS 22 MARCH 2013 at 5:30PM”

Written on: 23/03/2013 by RandLH (1 review written)

Myself, husband, son and his wife have visited the Shaw branch of Weatherspoons on numerious occasions since it opening last year. Following our recent dining experience Friday 22/3/13 5:30pm,NEVER AGAIN!
We ordered our meals and whilst awaiting the food we discussed the recent service and quality of the food we had all experienced in Weatherspoons. The consensus of opinion was it was the service and quality appeared to decline in the evening. Our point was confirmed when the meals arrived and my daughter in laws Peri Peri chicken arrived hot on the top, stone cold freezing underneath. My son approached the manager to point this out was astounded to be advised by this senior member of staff it was ok. It was at this point my son strongly suggested the meal be taken back into the kitchen and be tested with a heat probe. The next element to this saga was when we had the managers opo (not himself) apologising for the error, (which was found as previously stated). This member of staff advised us that the staff in the kitchen had been warned re this issue and then went on to take a new order. He left advising there would be a refund for the meal which happened but only when I went and requested the monies from the manager and offered my daugher in law a drink (which we thought was complimentary but turns out was free with the second meal ordered)!!
Bad Bad customer service from the duty manager and even poorer food preparation/service. SHAW try using the Spring Inn or the Turks Head. You may pay a little more but you will have the quality of both service and food.

• SHAW (SHAY WAKE) WEATHERSPOONS

Restaurant name & location

• Over £25

Average cost per head

• Once a week

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all