TGI Fridays not worth the money!

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

SIwinski's review of TGI Fridays

“TGI Fridays not worth the money!”

Written on: 02/04/2012 by SIwinski (1 review written)

At TGI Friday's this evening I ordered chicken picatta pasta for $13.99. I could not believe how small the amount of chicken was, mostly pasta drowning in sauce. What a rip off! The server told me that was the usual amount of chicken and I could order an additional portion of chicken. I declined since at this point my husband was already eating his (large) burger and I didn't think I should have to pay for more chicken. The manager came over to hear what my problem was and I told him that I thought the amount of chicken in the dish was way too small. He explained that it was supposed to be 3 oz. (yes, 3 oz.!!!) and he did not have control over the portion size controlled by corporate HQ. He also offered to get me more chicken (I'm not sure if for extra cost or not) and I declined as by this point my dinner was getting cold and my husband was almost done with his (large) burger and fries (preceded by wedge salad, and all for only $10). In the end, the manager offered to not charge me for my dinner. I do not blame the server or the manager. They do not control the portion size.

Here's the problem corporate people @ TGI Fridays: you are a CHAIN restaurant who is now giving chinzy portions (at least for this chicken/pasta dish). I could have gone to a local restaurant, with a little better ambiance, and gotten a higher quality chicken and pasta dish, and with salad and bread, and gotten MORE than 3 oz. of chicken. I know this for sure and regret not having done so. I also know other local chains (Bertucci's, Maggie McFly's) which have bigger portions of chicken in their dishes. I will not be going back to TGI Fridays.

• TGI Friday's, Waterbury, CT, USA

Restaurant name & location

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Casual