Rip-off

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

harrypotteraddict's review of Pizza Express

“Rip-off”

Written on: 27/10/2012 by harrypotteraddict (1 review written)

okay, so, firstly, the food was nice. Not fantastic, but nice. Edible, and quite tasty. I visited the Pizza Express Portsmouth Gunwharf branch for lunch today with a friend, and our young children. The two adults had a main pasta dish each, and we ordered two children's menu meals too. No starters, no desserts. With one drink each the bill came to £41!

£2.30 for a small cup of apple juice is disgusting. The children's meals were tiny- fine for our children as they were all preschoolers but had my six-year-old been with us too then it would have been a further £6.45 (NOT including drink) and it would not have been enough food for her.

Adult portion sizes were acceptable but not brilliant, and again, over-priced. £9 for a bowl of pasta, sauce and a few slices of chicken is not acceptable and does not reflect value for money in any way shape or form.

On the plus side our intial waiter was helpful, and staff were polite and friendly. It's not their fault they're serving over-priced mediocre food.

Save your money and don't go here. This is my second Pizza Express trip and both times I have been sorely disappointed.

• Pizza Express, Gunwharf Quays, Portsmouth