Pizza Express West Hampstead - has gone down hill

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

CharlotteRigby's review of Pizza Express

“Pizza Express West Hampstead - has gone down hill”

Written on: 03/12/2011 by CharlotteRigby (2 reviews written)

I used to eat here at least once a fortnight, especially with all the vouchers they have. It used to be great value and the food was always good, but the last two times we have been it's been awful. Had to wait 25 minutes to get served last time. They brought the wine first, poured out two huge glasses, basically hoping we'd drink it all before the food came and would have to order more. When my pizza finally came, it was rock hard and burnt on the bottom. Had to send it back and all they did was shrug their shoulders and had to wait for another 20 minutes before the replacement came. My friend had finished eating by then and guess what, we'd run out of wine. Terrible. Will be giving it a wide bearth in future.

• pizza express west hampstead

Restaurant name & location

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Maz945's Response to CharlotteRigby's Review

Written on: 08/12/2011

I couldn't agree more about West Hampstead Pizza Express. We used to go there about twice a month (I was even Mayor on Foursquare) but it's really gone downhill now. Poor service, bad pizza, warm wine. We have complained and we also get free coffee, but that's not good enough now to tempt us to go back. It's amazing how a poor manager can affect performance.