Half empty plates

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Harvester Restaurants

“Half empty plates”

Written on: 11/05/2013

Haven't been to out local Harvester for a while so thought we would give it a try.

Prices have increased dramatically and the quantity and quality of food provided for the price has decreased dramatically.

Once upon a time you got a half of a of real chicken for the basic meal, no longer just an chicken breast and a handful of chips.

I ordered a chicken and rib combo which used to be so big it overhung the plate and my husband ordered fish and chips, the waiter asked me if I wanted ordinary or boneless ribs so I asked for boneless.

When the food arrived the plates were half empty, the quarter chicken was the tiniest drumstick I had ever seen and the boneless ribs were three wafer thin slices of belly pork, the barbecue sauce was cold and straight from a bottle.

My husbands cod fillet was a ratty tail end one with more batter than fish,the chips were oven cooked rather than fried and my corn on the cob was so tough the fork wouldn't go in.

When I complained to the waiter he offered to change my chicken for a breast portion but said that',s all you get these days.

At over £8.00 each I don't think so, it's Weatherspoon's for us from now on.

• Herne Bay

Restaurant name & location

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Casual