Horrendous

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

FrequentEater's review of Harvester Restaurants

“Horrendous”

Written on: 28/04/2012 by FrequentEater (1 review written)

Went to the Harvester at Addington Village. After about a 80 min wait for a table we were seated and Ordered Full rack of ribs & 12oz rump steak. When the food arrived the sauces were stone cold as were the chips. We told our server Gary and he took them away to get sorted. The sauces came out 1st a good 5 mins before the meals. When the food arrived we asked for the sauces to be reheated. While this was being done we started our food. By the time Gary came back i had discovered that my medium steak was infact well done. I pointed this out and he apologised and took it away to be refired. After approx 20 mins he came back and asked me to check the steak for satisfaction. This time the steak was basically blue. That was the end. After popping out for lunch at 14:30 i finally left at 18:30 hungry.

Chefs need to learn to cook food. Will never go there again and will urge all friends and relatives to avoid at all costs.

• The Cricketers, Addington Village (Harvesters)

Restaurant name & location

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Child Friendly

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's Response to FrequentEater's Review

Written on: 09/05/2012

Went to the harvester in llandacy neath, it was sometime since I was there last, previously enjoyed there. we had our seats, order was taken, we were told to go elp ourselves to the salad bar, all the bowls were dirty, so we asked for more, they brough more and they also were sticky and grubby, it looked as if they had been washes in dirty water. they brought more out, but the salad looked as if it had been standing sometime, the granite bar was very dirty, looked as if about hundred children with dirty hands had been there, i pointed this out and it was then cleaned, the sauces were nearly all empty, they did then say they would refill them...so we eat a little salad before our meals came out. there were 6 of us in all, myself, husband, daughter and her family. we all had chips as if they had been reheated, it was awful, by then we felt we couldnt complain any more, so just made the best of a bed job, I will never go there again. if it was just me and my husband we would have walked out without eating, but my grandchildren were hungry as it was early bird time, we went after school....NEVER AGAIN...