Definately going back

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

NJL61's review of Harvester Restaurants

“Definately going back”

Written on: 10/03/2012 by NJL61 (3 reviews written)

I've heard a lot of good things about Harvester and several bad things in here so after a friend recommended the restaurant at Ponders End, my girlfriend and decided to make up our own minds. The guy who seated us was slow and seemed to forget about our drink order so not a great start but then Karen came over to us. What a breathe of fresh air, she was attentive and courteous, there when we needed her and nothing was too much trouble. Even if the food had been terrible, Karen would have earned Harvester 3 stars on her own.
Now the reason we were there, the food. Fantastic, we both agreed it was the best food we had eaten out for a very long time, even the salad that is not normally something I worry about had me going back for more and my girlfriend actually got another bowl instead of dessert, though I think she was silly as the Lemon Blizzard was heavenly.
Now came the painful bit, the bill. I actually went through it thinking that they had left something off of it! I have never been so full in the belly for such a small hole in my wallet.
We talked about going back tomorrow to show my parents what they are missing by living in Norwich where the nearest Harvester in 15 miles away.

• The Navigation at Ponders End

Restaurant name & location

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all