Extremely poor service

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Jax70's review of Harvester Restaurants

“Extremely poor service ”

Written on: 17/02/2012 by Jax70 (1 review written)

Although I have eaten here before I find the service poor but the food good value for the amount you pay. However, I do believe you get what you pay for and this is a prime example

After today I will not set foot in the place again.

Today they surpassed themselves for poor service. We walked in for lunch to a virtually empty restaurant - you would think then speedy service - alas no The waiter looked at us then walked away , after waiting 10 mins to be seated whilst the waiter walked about clearing tables (although there where many places ot sit it was after all very empty) he came over took us a table and without so much as a smile ; threw the menus onto the table and walked away. We decided on what we wanted and he returned . We asked for a bottle of wine and a beer so he then asked my 19 yr old son for ID which he didnt have. We kind of accepted that okay you cant have a beer shold have brought ID but did point out it have never been requested before when we have eaten there to the response 'well you havent been served by me before then' so you start to think jobsworth ! when my dad asked for a beer then he was told that he oculdnt have a wine glass ! so you cant have a beer whilst waiting then a glass to have a glass of wine with the meal - interesting - so guess what WE WALKED OUT !!! and the waiter seemed almost pleased. We wnet to another restuartant and got served without issue !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think these staff need to remember that without customers in this harsh climate they wont have jobs and if my son wasnt of age - would i ask him in front of the waiter what he wants to drink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! think not ! so we spent our money elsewhere and got fabulous service so that waiter got a healthy tip. MY TIP FOR YOU IS IF YOUR THINKING OF EATING AT HARVESTER DONT BOTHER GO TO FRANKIE AND BENNYS INSTEAD.

• Ashton Moss Harvester

Restaurant name & location

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Casual