Frankie & Bennys disappoint as usual

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

thefoodcritic1976's review of Frankie & Benny's

“Frankie and Bennys disappoint as usual”

Written on: 04/12/2012 by thefoodcritic1976 (1 review written)

Waited for 45 minutes last weekend for a table at Frankie and Bennys.
Should have walked home and grabbed some chips on the way!!!
I had the frozen in the middle fish ( had that before also) - waitress said they probably took it out of the fryer too soon as we are busy - Very clever girl that!!! Yes taking it out of the fryer will tend to not cook it thoroughly.
I then asked to speak to a manager who took 20 minutes to get to me - not impressed.
The manager then poked their finger into my fish to check its temperature - obviously the universal way to do it - I said its kinda starting to warm up now I have been waiting on you so long!!! -Got no response to that.

Told him that this has happened before to me with the fish - He said " do you want another one?" - no apology, no sorry , no brain probably !! Maybe its from eating all that microwaved food!!!

I said yes - hahaha - what follows really restored my faith in this restaurant ....
The manager shouts into the kitchen which is open plan - Can i have a another fish and "nuke" it first to make sure its hot!!!

What can I say - Lets say I didn't stay to taste the nuked fish , and I wont be going back to taste any other nuked food from Frankie and Bennys.

My dad always said "be wary of a business that can have your food on the table faster than your mother can" haha ....its probably been sitting waiting for you stewing away in its own bacteria growing a family of disease....

anyway sorry for going on, but stay away is my advice.
If you want microwaved food go to iceland and have a party for the same price as one of you to eat at a frankie and beennys

• Quality of service