not as advertised

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Belfast32's review of Brewers Fayre

“not as advertised”

Written on: 24/06/2012 by Belfast32 (1 review written)

Went today 24/06/12 for the Sunday carvery deal, but on collecting meal from the hot plates there was no turkey left. Asking the chef is there another turnkey coming out he said no there wasnt but there was chicken on its way and that I could take what I wanted and come back up when the chicken was served. This I had done, and after 5 mins the chicken was ready and being served.
On seeing this I returned to the servicing area and asked for chicken, he seen that there was gravy etc on my plate and said that I had been up before and only get one helping of meat. So refusing me the chicken.
I had returned to table feeling like a naughty schoolboy and felt ashamed as there was people queing behind me.
I for one will not be back, espically when the advertisement above this area is "all you can eat".

• Brewers Fayre, Carrickfergus

Restaurant name & location

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Gisellev.'s Response to Belfast32's Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Isn't it against health codes for someone to use a dirty plate like you were attempting? When you were told you could come back for chicken, you should have asked for a clean plate. When you were refused a second serving of meat, you should have requested the manager.