"No i think i would rather put pins in my eyes"

From 1 review

Phillipsrh144's review of John Anthony Catering - www.johnanthonycatering.com

“"No i think i would rather put pins in my eyes"”

Written on: 05/08/2014 by Phillipsrh144 (1 review written)

This may look like a long review but please read it - I made a polite inquiry requesting a quote for a weekend party including 2 dinners, 2 lunches and a breakfast. They have prices listed on the website for min 50 ppl which is helpful but we were 48. My inquiry asked if there were any discounts, considering we were looking for 5 meals in total. I received no quote, just a metaphorical slap in the face! See the full exchange below (most recent mail at top), if you still want to do business with people like that then good luck, looks like you're going to need it:

I am full this year
Have 26 weddings booked next year
Do you really think i need your discounted business and annoying emails

I would like to thank you for your enquiry and wish you all the best for your murder mystery weekend
But i really do not want to do business with you
And i wish you well

Kind regards
Ps no discounts !!

From: --------
Sent: 05 August 2014 16:43
To: @johnanthonycatering.com
Subject: RE:

I am very disappointed at receiving your response, as I’m sure will review websites.

You might also wish to proof read your emails before you send them out.

I would have been perfectly satisfied to pay the advertised price if the customer service had not been so abysmal. There is nothing wrong with a polite “no” to discounts.

Regards and good luck in the future

From: @johnanthonycatering.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 4:12 PM
To: -----
Subject: RE:

No i think i would rather put pins in my eyes and cook for people who want it cheap

From: --------
Sent: 05 August 2014 16:05
To: @johnanthonycatering.com
Subject: RE:

Thank you for your prompt response to my enquiry.

As you haven’t given me a quote, I assume you do not wish to follow through with a booking.

Perhaps it would add clarity on your website to highlight that VAT is not included in the prices quoted, as the “no hidden costs” comment on your services page might be considered misleading.

-------

From: @johnanthonycatering.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2014 3:53 PM
To: ---------
Subject:

Hi -------
I think you can see all ready our prices are very reasonable so in reply to your question on discounts we simply do not do them
Breakfast would be £12.00 per person full English buffet coffee fruit juice