Tonkinese are garbage

Serelin's review of Tonkinese

“Tonkinese are garbage”

Written on: 28/06/2013 by Serelin (1 review written)

This is the most garbage breed of cat I have ever associated with. The god-awful mass of shedding, sticking, cashmere-like fur alone is annoying enough. If you are going to have any sensitivity to animal hair, this breed is utter trash, but at the very least, be informed that unless this cat is going to be an only pet, the loose hair will be horrendous. My Tonkinese is actually my husband's cat. He had him since he was a kitten. I've been trying to cope with it for about 7-8 yrs. He cries, whines and yowls 24/7. 9 times out of the ten that I wake during the night are because he can't shut his mouth for 2 minutes. He has a wicked- harsh crying pitch. We have tried everything: catnip, playing, maintaining a super-clean litter box and endless other attempts to bring living with him down to a tolerable level. Everything has failed, his crying and whining have only gotten worse and worse as he ages. To top it all off, we had an incident where he bit me, and gave me Sepsis. I was treated in an emergency room with a Tetanus, 2 rounds of IV antibiotics and Percocet. So in addition to this vile thing being a total and worthless pain in the ass, he is physically unmanageable by me. Living with a Tonkinese cat has been the absolute worse pet-ownership experience of my life. I keep being told that some people love this breed's crying and whining and carrying on but if you have any sort of life at all, be ready for permanent sleep deprivation and lifelong irritation.

Jules4Pets's Response to Serelin's Review

Written on: 11/06/2014

Sounds like he needs another cat friend.