old bissell shampooer

Guest's review of Bissell 1698K Powerwash Proheat with Turbobrush Professional Deep Cleaner

“old bissell shampooer”

Written on: 02/08/2012

I have had my Bissell Aromapro dirtlifter for a number of years. This is my third one as the first when switched on the first time blew all my trip switches so went back to the shop. I was then given a new replacement which worked ok for a while (then leaked water everywhere)so again it was returned to Argos who told me I would get a letter of explaination as to why both machines were so faulty, and would I be prepared to try again with yet another machine. As I had just got a new puppy I really needed a shampooer to save my carpets from accidents, so I agreed with major reservations but reassured that I would be hearing from Bissell. Im still waiting five years on. The third machine worked great for about ten uses, but has had many problems and worked very intermittenly. It starts shampooing ok, sucks water ok, then it starts to play up. It wont spray properly, or the shampoo isnt released. Ive cleaned it carefully after each use so there was no reason for the spasmodic action of the machine. I have been very very patient with this shampooere because I really cannot afford to buy another one whatever the manufacturers name as I am a pensioner on resricted funds. Save your money and avoid Bissell I believe they are poorly made and possibly dangerous, mines banished into the garage never to be used again, and I hire a Rug Doctor now.

Takeaction's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2012

Dear author

Please don't let them get away with such poor service. It is the responsibility of Argos to sell products that are fit for their intended purpose. Whether Bissell respond or not is not really their job at the point you took it up with Argos, although of course they need feedback about their products, not just customers deserting them. . Write to Argos customer service/ head office by registered letter saying you expect a full reply within 7 days. Send a copy to Bissell perhaps , as well. Bissell themselves are being let down by this stockist failing you. I would send a copy of this page too. Addresses for both must be available easily either on the internet or from the Argos store. Ring Consumer Direct (an 0845 number ) for any further advice. You can get the exact consumer protection wording from them, though it also on the internet under The Sale of Goods and Services Act. Consumer Direct will tell you the year of the Act.
This is not much trouble and will pay off I'm sure. Good luck.