Poor Service - Avoid like the Plague

Dancingwilldoit's review of The Caravan Club Caravan Insurance www.caravanclub.co.uk

“Poor Service - Avoid like the Plague”

Written on: 30/07/2013 by Dancingwilldoit (1 review written)

I have just had the pleasure of having to make a claim on my 5C's Insurance for total loss of our caravan which was stolen 4 weeks ago.
Firstly if you are insured with them make sure you dont have your van stolen on a Friday evening. They only work 9-5 Monday to Friday !!
Secondly when you do finally get through on the phone, don't believe them when they say they will send you a claim form in the post. One week later I had received nothing and when I rang the broker they said "Oh we dont post them out anymore, you have to download it from the caravan club website"
After then prividing the usual receipts for everything etc and having a policy for £12.5k we were offered £6.3k. I am now in the process of arguing with the CC and the loss adjuster to get this up to a half resonable figure. After the upset of losing the van the last thing anybody needs is some joker off a loss adjuster who works for commission on the ammount he can save the insurers.
The whole process has really peed me off and when I do replace the van the last company I will contact for insurance will be the Caravan Club.
A word of warning for everybody. If you do suffer a loss, the payout from your 5C's policy is not what it will cost you to buy an equivelent van but whatever the price is listed in a guide that only caravan traers have access to. This price is irespective of condition and is based on a trade to trade price ie what a trader will pay. It doesnt matter what we have to pay to replace it you will only get the trade value, so dont pay a premium for the full value of your van as you simply wont get it back and you are wasting your money.