Motorholme - excellent motor home/professional staff

• Range available

Rasplicious's review of Motorholme www.motorholme.co.uk

“Motorholme - excellent motor home/professional staff”

Written on: 11/07/2013 by Rasplicious (1 review written)

I had a fantastic experience with Motorholme.

Prior to hiring with them I contacted the company as the holiday was a Christmas present for my husband and I wanted to make sure that although I was the hirer they could insure my husband to drive. The staff at their offices (Lynne and Sheena) couldn't have been more helpful and all the details were settled just before Christmas by phone and email. I didn't have any problems contacting them by telephone although I have to admit my contact with them nearer to the hire time was mainly by email (however I did bear in mind that I was trying to contact them in the week just before both Glastonbury and the Grand Prix which I assume is possibly their busiest time of the year). My experience with their office staff has been very good.

When we were due to collect the motorhome a couple of weeks ago (I'd booked it for the Grand Prix) I expected to receive an email with details of where to collect 3 days before hiring. I did have to prompt them for this email but this was the only (very minor) issue I had with the hire. If I'd read reviews on this site I would have been really worried before we travelled. I'd like to set everyone's mind at ease though. My experience with this company has been excellent. All the staff I've spoken to have been really helpful and the handover with Niki was the best we've ever had (we've hired motorhomes from various companies here and abroad over the years).

The motorhome we were given wasn't the one we had booked as that had been involved in an accident. (That can happen with any company and the great thing about Motorholme is that because they have various motor homes available to them around the country you are at less risk in my opinion if something like this happens - one of the reasons I hired with them in the first place.) They replaced our original motor home the one we actually got far exceeded our expectations! It was almost new and had only been hired 3 or 4 times previously. It was spotless and had extra touches that we didn't expect in it - we take our own teatowels, salt/pepper, bin bags usually as these aren't always included but we had all of these included as well as kitchen towel. Also included at a slight cost if you open them are toilet rolls and toilet chemicals. We opened the pack as we hadn't bought the chemicals with us but you could just as easily bring your own and not have to pay for them.

I paid extra for collision damage waver when we hired and that gave us peace of mind when travelling. I don't think it was exorbitant - it's on a par with what we've paid in the past.

We actually had a really lovely holiday and Motorholme couldn't have been better. I would choose to hire with them again in future, particularly if they keep replacing their fleet with new vehicles.

Don't be put off by bad reviews. Hiring motorhomes is never a cheap option so I couldn't comment on whether it's value for money or not - but for the type of holiday we wanted I felt we got good value and actually more than we expected. The staff were all fantastic and the motorhome was lovely - we didn't want to give it back. They get five stars from me - and I'd give them more if I could! Personally, I couldn't recommend them highly enough and our next UK hire will definitely be with them.

• Chausson flash 03