warranty & recall work for vehicle bought elsewhere

rapido9048df's review of Knowepark Caravans, Livingston, West Lothian

“warranty and recall work for vehicle bought elsewhere”

Written on: 01/05/2013 by rapido9048df (1 review written)

I purchased a new Rapido 9048df from Brownhills, Newark at the SECC show in Glasgow in February 2012.
I received a call from Brownhills on 30th April stating that my vehicle had an urgent recall to check for water ingress between the roof and walls.To save time and money I contacted the service department at Knowepark to arrange for them to inspect the vehicle as they were a Rapido Dealership. The service staff member stated that due to the fact that I did not purchase the vehicle form them they would not be willing to carry out any recall, service or waranty work. After considering there reaction I telephoned Knowepark back asking to speak to the manager to confirm their policy to carry out work on vehicles not purchased with them.
I spoke to Bob Findlay who made it very clear that he would not carry out any work for me as I had not purchased the vehicle form them. His attitude was that I had driven passed his premises to travell to England to purchase the vehicle and could go back there to have it repaired.
He started quoting his labour charges and how he puts out 800 caravans/motorhomes a year and looks after his customers, although there is 3 months wait for a service.
I will be contacting Rapido regarding his attitude as in my opinion he should not be a Rapido dealership if he will not carry out urgent recalls, waranty work or servicing.

J.K.

Sayagg's Response to rapido9048df's Review

Written on: 24/07/2013

Being a garden machinery dealer I get the same scenario all the time, I totally agree with Knowepark in this matter. You want to have your cake and eat it basically. Did you even give Knowepark a chance to quote for it in the first place?. I expect not.