Poor customer care, 80's sales practices

Dikko's review of Campbells Caravans, Preston, Lancashire

“Poor customer care, 80's sales practices”

Written on: 29/06/2013 by Dikko (1 review written)

We bought a second-hand caravan from them at the new site north of Preston and the salesman was spot on and really got it right. We haggled on the price and agreed to partx our old caravan. A list of things were agreed to be done and as we were not in a hurry agreed to pick the van up 1 month later. On the day in question we were offered a coffee FOC and waited for the van to be ready. We had agreed a partx price, when I was ask to speak to someone about the van in question. It was explained that it was an old van and there was damp, he said he couldn't sell it on his retail park it would have to go to the trade side where he would be lucky to get £500. All of this had been discussed with the salesman Martin when we agreed the price so why did he explain it again and asked for a further £300. Non too happy with the approach and didn't give him what he wanted. Despite giving them 30 days to do everything and valet the van, the caravan had obviously not been looked at since we were last in it.
On reflection I shouldn't have paid the total amount, we still have several things outstanding including fitting a spare part and the correct table for the correct caravan. The jury is out on this one and we will see what after-care they deliver which doesn't bode well. Apart from the above our overall experience is good and we spent £1600 at Leyland on a new Issabella Awning so its not that the company is bad, its the customer care side which is almost none existent and leaves a bad taste in your mouth. To be fair I'll report back once its concluded, Lostock Hall branch is very good but the new location needs to vastly improve otherwise they will loose lots of business. Lets see what happens as I would hate to take further action to get it right.

Dikko's Response to Dikko's Review

Written on: 08/07/2013

Well it goes on and on. Phoned the salesman last week who promised me he would get someone to phone me that day or the following day and nothing happened. On Sunday we went to the Clifton site and saw the manager and complained about the lack of service. He tried to put the blame on someone else and I told him I wasn't interested in who's to blame I just wanted what I had paid for. He promised he would send an email right away and promised someone would phone me today......at 4.20pm I phone the Lostock office and asked to speak to [name removed] to be told he was in a meeting but they would get him to phone me back today. You guessed it he didn't phone me. So 6 weeks since placing our order Im still left with a finished caravan. This company lie through their teeth, promise you the earth and don't deliver on their promises. My advice is not to part with any final payments until they deliver what you've ordered on time and in full. One thing is for sure Im not unreasonable, in fact Im in sales myself and understand what goes on, but Cambells in my opinion are poor on all fronts as my experience shows. One thing is for sure I will continue to blog until they deliver on there promises and if need be will take this to the small claims court to get them to understand customers are important to them, but satisfied customers more important than making a quick buck. Unhappy customers are not good for business and with the web can affect you very quickly. The choice is there's, my phone number is on there system, my door is open for dialogue all it takes is to engage and solve my concerns.

Mrearnshaw's Response to Dikko's Review

Written on: 03/04/2014

the customer care is is poor very poor at Leyland. They are so rude or should I say the service director will not listen to anthing you say what a terrible place for aftersales stay well away of this man

Michaelwhittaker's Response to Dikko's Review

Written on: 28/10/2013

I agree entirely with your review. We bought a brand new Swift Kudos in July of this year, and were told upon PDI completion that all was in working order, however after five days we received a phone call from their service dept, advising that the 'fridge was not working on gas. This was rectified and now it does not work on the car 12 volt system, which we found out on our arrival in France, as you guessed all the food in the freezer was ruined. They have known about this problem, plus a problem with continual beeping coming from the alarm, since July and as of today's date 28th October and numerous, unreturned telephone calls they have still not rectified the problems