halford autocentre - STAY AWAY

Guest's review of Nationwide Autocentre www.nationwideautocentres.co.uk

“halford autocentre - STAY AWAY”

Written on: 28/06/2012

have been a loyal customer (i think it was nationwide autocentre before the name change) - have been going to them for my MOT and annual service for the past 7 years, and every year spend at least £500 on repairs and service. Thinking that although my car is not new, but have kept up with the maintenance, so should pass my MOT this year. Received the phone call and was told 4 items failed and it costed me £700-£800 to repair!!!! I was absolutely shocked and in horror. I am not a car mechanic so no way of knowing whether it DID fail or not. My MOT passed last year so is it possible to have so many items failed???????!!!!
I WILL NEVER GO BACK BECAUSE I DO NOT TRUST THEM -THEIR PRICING SEEMS TO BE COMING OUT OF THIN AIR.
now that I read other people's review, I so regret not having read them before I went.
I hope the CEO of halfords is reading all these reviews - this is the true reflection of your company's service.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/06/2012

I work for Halfords Autocentres and I agree with some of the comments made on these review sites-but some are unfair and ill informed--the above after 7 years-you think it used to be Nationwide-why don't you KNOW?-A bill of £700 can easily be racked up with multiple parts needing attention-HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU HAD BAD SERVICE ON THIS OCCASION? and on a general note Halfords employees have no control over availability of parts-or cost sometimes-MY MANAGER IS DECENT-MY BRANCH IS DECENT-BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT

Bestgirlmechanic's Comment

Written on: 26/10/2012

Totally agree ..... I too work for halfords and think their half price mot deal is brilliant! If you dont agree with the outcome of an mot, dont get the work done! Ask to appeal and they will help you with the process. Their is no point in agreeing to the repairs at the price quoted then giving a bad review, this does no-one any good.
No body is perfect and some bad reviews will be justified due to the volumes of work halfords do but if a complaint is justified, halfords make it a priority to put it right, i know this first hand.