AWFUL SERVICE!!!

Carangel's review of Mr Clutch Autocentres - www.mrclutch.com

“AWFUL SERVICE!!! ”

Written on: 22/07/2013 by Carangel (1 review written)

am shocked and disgusted at the customer service that I received from the branch in Watford I can’t even find the words to describe the anger I felt! Especially as they pride on good customer service!!!

I took my car to the garage in Watford on Thursday 18th July in the afternoon and was assured and promised that the clutch on my car would be fixed by Friday 5.30 at the latest. Unfortunately the car wasn’t ready until Saturday late afternoon. I had to do all of the chasing and phoning to check when it would be completed the garage made no attempt to contact me and they only phoned me when the car was ready a day after they had initially said it would be fixed. The excuse was that they couldn’t fix my car until they received parts for 2 other cars. My whole point is why take my business giving un realistic timeframes then ignore me?! I missed a wedding in Yorkshire that was taking place on Saturday morning as I was relying on my car being fixed. Had they been honest with the time scale I could have made alternative arrangements.

To add insult to injury I collected my car Saturday afternoon and drove to Luton only to find the tray beneath my car was hanging down and scraping on the floor! They hadn’t even done the job properly. Luckily Mr Clutch in Luton was open and they fixed the tray back and apologised for the behaviour of the Watford branch. I must say that the staff at the Luton branch was extremely helpful and friendly. They reassured me that not all branches operated like Watford. I feel that the Luton branch went above and beyond to help me and they deserve some recognition. I honestly feel that the Watford branch took advantage out of me because I’m female. The manager was flirty and when he asked if I had a boyfriend and I said I did I feel that went against me! It’s like he assumed I wouldn’t care about the car being fixed late and wouldn’t notice the bad job. I opted for a gearbox oil change which also wasn’t done as it wasn’t on the invoice. When I spoke with the manager on the phone at the garage as once again he was not at work and he was quite rude over the phone. He tried to pass the blame back to me but the truth of the matter is that I was promised the job would be done and it wasn’t! The garage had no remorse and they didn’t try and update me on anything. I will never ever go to Watford branch again and I will never suggest to friends or family to visit a Mr Clutch in general.

• Watford