Car left in dangerous condition after Gold service

Unhappymotorist's review of Mr Clutch Autocentres - www.mrclutch.com

“Car left in dangerous condition after Gold service”

Written on: 05/04/2012 by Unhappymotorist (1 review written)

Booked an annual Gold Service for my 11 plate car in February 2012 at the Derby branch---no problems and picked my car up newly serviced. Few days later noticed a slight judder whilst driving, dismissed it. Few days later juddering continues and then loss of power when driving up hill, started getting annoying so rang them to ask if they can take a look. Took car back to mr clutch Derby and manager not helpful but agreed to get one of his 'boys' to look at it. No faults found, diagnostics test brings up nothing and even after one of his 'boys' road tests my car they can't find anything. Im stull not happy especially after manager tries to blame my driving style!! but if theres no problem then I couldn't argue anything other. Few more days passed and car gets worse whilst driving and even judders and stalls at busy junction. As mr clucth were unhelpful the first time taking it back I phone my main dealer as car is still under warranty. They do the same tests (diagnostics, road tests) finally after having the car up on the ramps they see that 3 of the 4 HT leads were damaged and had visible pliar marks on which had cut through causing my engine to misfire. They said this damage could of only been caused by the 'boy' at mr clutch using the incorrect tool when changing the spark plugs and shockingly the Manager checked the 'boys' handy work as satisfactory. Let manager know at mr clucth what the main dealer had found and again got very angry and refused to acceptt the blame and said he was phoning the main dealer. Then called me back offering to fix the 3 leads because they'll only cost him £20 to fix. I point blank refused as the work unsatisfactory before so not going to let him or one of his incompetent 'boys'' anywhere near my car despite having to pay a big bill from the main dealer to fix my car. Trading standards informed and in process of taking him to small claims court. Never use this trader!!!!

• Detbyshire