*** DO NOT USE THESE JOKERS *** AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

ngByrne79's review of Halfords

“*** DO NOT USE THESE JOKERS *** AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by ngByrne79 (1 review written)

Despite online booking for 4 premium tyres pushing £500, confirmed via email, payment taken promptly, and a back-up call to the autocentre in question, they still maanged to mess up my order meaning when I arrived Sat morning, having scheduled my day around this visit, they had no info on my booking and no tyres.

Further, the service was just awful - no apology. They manager there had the nerve to imply they had received no call from me all week, until I showed him my call history on my phone, and he checked the calender to see who was working that day only to go very quiet when he realised it was him.

I was left to chase refund myself via customer services, no offer of assistance. Customer services do not work weekends and being the bank holiday weekend it had to wait until Tuesday. I emailed twice and no reply was forthcoming. So I called and again was met with indifference and no apology for the inconvenience caused.

Absolute joke of a place in a climate where they should be falling over themselves to win business.

Do yourself and everyone else a favour - go to a local family tyre bay who appreciate your business and offer a better service. If they do not stock the tyres in question, order them online and have do the fitting. Vote with your wallet... Halfords deserve a visit to bankruptcy-ville

• Kent