BEWARE!!!

brooks22's review of Halfords

“BEWARE!!!”

Written on: 01/11/2013 by brooks22 (1 review written)

Took my Mercedes for MOT this morning,it passed! Took the car straight home from the Halfords centre less than 1/4 mile away. When I went back out to the car 10 mins later the front offside tyre was flat. On inspection it looked like it had been kerbed. As there are no kerbs around my driveway and I know I hadn't touched any kerb on my way back on a main road.I went back to the centre to discuss this with the manager who totally denied that anything could have happened on their premises,without even asking the mechanic who had MOT'd the car. He completly dismissed it and said it was my responsibility. So beware!! the discounted MOT has cost me dear!

• blackpool

Location

Aidanjc's Response to brooks22's Review

Written on: 07/11/2013

same here. They tested my car and failed it. took it to my local mechanic who fixed a cable tie and brought it back. They said it still failed and put pressure on me to agree to a replacement damaged hose that would cost £168. They said they would not know until they started stripping that hose whether another two hoses would need replacing. if they did they would be a FURTHER £670. I collected vehicle and had it MOT tested at a local independent who examined what they said it failed on and he said it was not an issue at all. Beware of MOT at Halfords Acton! (IMHO)! Was also told he had lots of similar failures coming from Halfords in Acton where customers were bringing to him for a re-test due to concern about failures and quotes for repairs to pass...