MoT Rip Off - Halfords Autocentre Stirling

DanF2's review of Halfords

“MoT Rip Off - Halfords Autocentre Stirling”

Written on: 21/04/2013 by DanF2 (1 review written)

Please don't touch this place, they will make sure you are overcharged for work that isn't needed. The small problem was replacing two bulbs that were fine when I dropped the van off and checked them. So that cost me about 20 extra, not a massive problem. But then the guy told me my handbrake was faulty. I told him it was fine and he made some excuse and said he would "see if they could clean it up to pass"

Then he phoned back to say the handbrake was actually fine (of course it was!) and the front brakes needed new pads. I told him I had checked them two weeks before and there was loads of wear left on them but out of curiosity asked how much to supply and fit a new set...106 pounds!! I told him I'd take them back and replace them myself as pads cost about 20 pounds and that was an excessive fitting charge...he again said "he'd have them cleaned up to see if they pass but it would be tight". I am sorry but cleaning a set of brake pads doesn't magically add life to them, either they are worn or they aren't. Even worse was that there was no mention of pads being nearly worn on the advisory sheet.

If I didnt know a wee bit about cars I'd have paid through the nose for this MoT. Don't go there!!

• Stirling

Location

Trevor67's Response to DanF2's Review

Written on: 22/04/2013

I went to serviceourcar.co.uk- mine passed with no problems and they picked up my car and delivered it to my work