Buying a bike

KBURTGRAY's review of Halfords

“Buying a bike”

Written on: 29/11/2012 by KBURTGRAY (1 review written)

After purchasing a small bike for my daughter in late summer of this year I thought I would return to the same Halford outlet (Cambridge) to purchase BMX for my boy.

I nipped in one lunch hour this week and looked at a few possibilities but has a few questions. Eventually, I managed to get eye contact with one of the staff (busy mending a bike behind the counter) who asked if he could help. I informed him that I want to buy a bike and return to work. He said he would be with me in a few minutes - fair enough.

However, after 15 minutes of wandering aimlessly around the shop, I returned to the counter and could not engage contact with the guy behind the counter. A customer being served by another party had obviously noticed my efforts to be served and tried to get the chap he was being served by to at least acknowledge me..

Alas, I left the shop after hanging around for about 20 minutes without being able to talk to a single soul about buying the bike I had come in to purchase... there were only 2 customers in the shop at the time - and one of them was me!

You guys need to raise your game - I for one will not be returning.

• Cambridge