Incredibly Biased

Donna325's review of WhatCar?

“Incredibly Biased”

Written on: 06/06/2012 by Donna325 (2 reviews written)

I really do wonder how this magazine arrives at it's scoring for cars. It's basis for quality seems to be proportional to the amount of soft touch plastics are on the dashboard and nothing else. Cars that come top of independent reliability tests are down marked compared to ones that don't do so well, because of perceived quality of soft plastic rather than actual quality/reliability.

I used to take notice of this publication at one time, until I found vehicles they rated highly where ones I found unreliable and frustrating to own(Volkswagen) with very poor dealers and after sales. I can only think this is caused by not actually paying to run a car, so that the experience of car ownership is something that is beyond the understanding of the WhatCar journalists.

My advice would be not to take too much notice of this publication when deciding your next car.