Only for the desperate

• Speed Of Loan

• Customer service

dapperchap's review of ACF Car Finance www.acfcarfinance.co.uk

“Only for the desperate”

Written on: 17/03/2013 by dapperchap (1 review written)

Lots of contact beforehand from a typically assertive salesman assured me I'd see a range of great quality cars. I'd described what I was looking for - estate or 4x4 and on arrival I saw nothing that met this. The cars were older with high mileage and the range was very limited - maybe 20 in total. The process on the day is exhaustive, it's almost designed to grind you down. The on screen prices are irrelevant. The mark ups are astronomic - at least double the true value - plus massive finance APR means you're paying on every front. An egg cup of petrol, unfulfilled promises of an oil and filter change etc just confirm you're dealing with a less than professional outfit with some seriously poor practices. Never take the first deal, don't accept terms over 5 years and walk away if your gut instinct tells you this is a terrible deal. You'll be there for HOURS.Is it an acceptable price for being 'sub prime'? I'd suggest not unless you're absolutely desperate.

• Fixed Payments

Payment Type

• Speed Of Loan

• Customer service

Acf Car Finance Limited's Response to dapperchap's Review

Written on: 03/04/2013

Dear dapperchap

We are sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with the service you have received.

ACF Car Finance do stock hundreds of cars across the dealership network and though the nearest dealership might not carry the exact model you are looking for, usually we will be able to source one from another dealership. On the rare occasion when we cannot find a suitable car in group stock we can often source one via our expert buying team and contact you when the car becomes available.

All of our vehicles undergo an RAC Accredited 136 point safety and mechanical check, and independent MOT, prior to sale. Our proposition is to sell each customer their car of choice having already arranged the finance package for them. We are comfortable with the price of our cars, which are all clearly marked, and also with the APR that our finance providers offer our customers. The APR reflects the specialist market that we serve.

At ACF Car Finance we take our responsibilities as a reputable car dealer seriously and we would like to fully investigate the unfulfilled promises raised in your review, please contact our Aftersales Team on 0845 271 5218 (option 3) or email acfaftersales@acfcarfinance.co.uk.

Once again, we are sorry you are unhappy with the service you have received and hope we will be able to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

ACF Car Finance

Acf Car Finance Limited's Response to dapperchap's Review

Written on: 22/04/2013

Dear marcowes

We are disappointed to read your comments as we take our customer experiences very seriously.

Our proposition is to sell each customer their car of choice having already arranged the finance package for them. We are comfortable with the price of our cars, which are all clearly marked, and also with the interest rates that our finance providers offer our customers. Those interest rates reflect the specialist market that we serve.

Depending on the interest rate awarded to a car finance applicant, the amount borrowed, and the term of the loan, the total amount repayable can vary. This is all laid out in plain English in the pre-contract information document which is given to the customer and also explained in detail before they are asked to read and sign the Credit Agreement only if they are happy to continue.

It is a requirement of our sales process for the sales person to explain the ACF Car Finance proposition from the start so that you are aware of what we do before making an application and being invited to your nearest showroom.

We pride ourselves on being transparent at every stage of the process and this is certainly borne out by customer feedback on our review site at acfcarfinacereviews.co.uk and the results of our quarterly customer satisfaction surveys which are available for all to see online. Please accept our sincere apologies if you feel that any of the information you were provided with was in anyway inaccurate or misleading.

As one of the UK's leading specialist non-prime car dealers we care about what our customers think. We regularly monitor and respond to customer feedback where appropriate. If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact Customer Services.

Kind regards

ACF Car Finance

Marcowes's Response to dapperchap's Review

Written on: 20/04/2013

Very expensive deal. I asked for a car in the price range of between 3 and 4 thousand and when I got there I refused to do any paper work before I seen a car I wanted to buy. It turned out the only cars available where a minimum of £6000 with repayments of £250 a month for 4-5 years which meant you would be paying double the cars value. I just wish they would of been straight forward with me on the phone before I went down there. I was in and out of there in half an hour. Please do not bother wasting your time with ACF car finance. They are a complete joke. Couldn't get out of there faster.